Dr Gummeneni Sagareswar
Joining Date: 02/01/2012
Dr. Gummeneni Sagareswar worked as Research Associate in Geoenvironmental Research Centre (GRC), Cardiff School of Engineering. He completed his Masters in Engineering Chemistry from Andhra University, India in 2000. He received his Master of Philosophy degree in Environmental Management from Centre for Environment, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India in 2002 and PhD in Environmental Science & Technology from Centre for Environment, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University in 2008. His PhD was funded by Andhra Pradesh State Pollution Control Board, mainly focused on the development of Online Air Pollution Monitoring Station using Chemical Sensors & Met Sensors by Internet Protocol. After submitting his PhD he was promoted as a Research Associate and transferred to Research & Development Cell, J.N.T.University, India, Where he worked on different Environmental related Consultancy Projects and Cloud Seeding Technology Project which is funded by Government of India.
From 2011 – 2012 he had worked as Postoctoral Research Associate in the School of Engineering, Cardiff University, UK. From 2010 to 2011 he had worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in University of Sains Malaysia (USM), from 2009-2010 he worked as Research Associate in School of Advanced Sciences (Chemistry), V.I.T University, INDIA. From 2008-2009 he worked as Postdoctoral researcher in Cardiff University, UK.
The various sections of this curriculum vitæ detail:
• Academic Publications, including 23 refereed journal and conference publications and 3 are in communication.
• Leadership and Management Experience of a research group, successfully supervised 8 dissertations; and
Teaching through development of innovative and research-informed courses
Environmental Chemistry, Atmospheric Chemistry Modeling, Hydroinformatics – Downscaling of climate change, Climate Change Impacts, GIS, Water Resources Management, Sustainable Management, Environmental Impact Assessment. His main area of his current research is focused on Monitoring & Modelling of Air Pollutants in the Urban Atmosphere
• Real Time Air Pollution Monitoring & Assessing the air quality levels
• Chemical Characterization of Particulate Matter & their human health effects
• Meteorological effects on Urban Air Quality.
• Numerical modelling of pollutant dispersion in air
- Sagareswar Gummeneni, Yusri Bin Yusup , Murthy Chavali, S.Z. Samadi, Source apportionment of particulate matter in the ambient air of Hyderabad city, India. Atmospheric Research 101 (2011) 752–764. (Elsevier). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosres.2011.05.002
- Samadi, S, Z., Gummeneni Sagareswar, Tajiki. Comparison of General Circulation Models: Methodology for Selecting the Best GCM in Kermanshah Synoptic Station, Iran. International Journal of Global Warming 2010 – Vol. 2, No.4 pp. 347 – 365
- Vardoulakis S, Cleall PJ, Sinnett D, Chen Q, Tiwary A, Li Y-C, De Munck CS, Chalabi Z, Sharifi V, Gummeneni S, Hutchings TR, Fletcher T, Leonardi GS, Azapagic A. Assessment of Health and Ecological Impact of Policy on a Legacy Contamination Case Study. Epidemiology 2009, 20(6): S230-S230. DOI:10.1097/01.ede.0000362771.37658.21
- “Model Calculation of Environmentally friendly traffic flows in a rapidly growing Urban Centre in India” Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Himabindu, P.V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 2007, Volume 30, No 1, 75 – 89.
- “Use of Multi-objective air quality monitoring sites and online air quality monitoring for total health risk assessment in Hyderabad”, Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Himabindu, P.V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, International Journal of Environment and Health, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 2005, 2(2), 343–354.
- “Real time remote monitoring of air pollutants and their online transmissions to web using internet protocol” Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P.V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagreswar, K. V. Ramani, T.H.Rao, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Volume 124, Numbers 1-3, January 2007, pp. 371-381(11).
- “GIS for Episode Warning –A Case study of Hyderabad City” Y.Anjaneyulu. I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, G. Sagareswar, P. V. Mukunda Rao,. Environment science & Engineering, 2(1)(2004)9-16.
- “Continuous air pollution monitoring and GIS for episode warning in urban environment, Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Himabindu, P.V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, T. H. Rao, K.V. Ramani, Environmental Science and Technology, India, Vol. 2, June – 2004.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Gummeneni Sagareswar. Development of Online Air Pollution Monitoring System and its applications in analyzing Urban Air Quality – a case study of Hyderabad City, India. Korea Maritime University, Busan, South Korea, 16-18 Jan 2011.
- Gummeneni Sagareswar. Modeling transport and fate of air pollutants deposited from a point source to the surrounding environs. Korea Maritime University, Busan, South Korea, 16-18 Jan 2011.
- Vardoulakis S, Cleall P J, Sinnett D, Chen Q, Tiwary A, Li Y -C, De Munck C S, Chalabi Z, Sharifi V, Gummeneni S, Hutchings T R, Fletcher T, Leonardi G I, Azapagic A, Assessment of health and ecological impact of policy on a legacy contamination study, 21st ISEE Conference on Food, Environment and Global Health 25-29 August 2009, University College Dublin, Ireland
- G.Sagareswar. Use of GIS in the Assessment of Ambient Air Quality of Hyderabad Air shed. International Conference on Geo Informatics for Rural Development – Achieving synergy between technical and Social Systems (ICORG 2006), June 5-8 2006, Hyderabad, India. Organized by JNT UNIVERSITY & National Institute of Rural Development.
- G.Sagareswar. P.V.Mukunda Rao, Y.Anjaneyulu, V.Himabindu. Use of Online Air Pollution Monitoring Station in Indian Urban Environment” had been presented in a national Workshop conducted by National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur, India. 2005.
- Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P. V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, K. V. Ramani. A GIS based tool for assessment and management of traffic pollution exposure. Jackson state University, USA, September 20th 2004.
- G.Sagareswar, P.V.Mukunda Rao, Y.Anjaneyulu, V.Himabindu. Assessment of Heavy metal levels in the ambient air of Hyderabad City. International Workshop on Better Air Quality, 6th -8th Dec, 2004, Agra, India, Organized by Asian Development Bank, Manila, Philippines.
- Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P. V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, K. V. Ramani. GIS based real time pollution monitoring for emergency episode warning in Urban Environment” Proc. Int. Conf. on DIMIC, NAC building, Hyderabad, INDIA, 2004.
- Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P. V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagreswar, K. V. Ramani. Online air pollution monitoring in Hyderabad. Proc. On National Conference on CEEP, IIT Mumbai, India, 2003
- Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P. V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, K. V. Ramani, T.H.Rao. Real time remote monitoring of air pollutants and their online transmissions to web using internet protocol” had been accepted in 13th World Clean Air and Environmental Protection Congress and Exhibition, August 22-27, 2004, London, UK.
- Y. Anjaneyulu, I. Jayakumar, V. Hima Bindu, P. V. Mukunda Rao, G. Sagareswar, K. V. Ramani. Strategies for air pollution management – site selection criterion for online air pollution monitoring UGC Special seminar on Environment and Ecological disaster, Academic Staff College, Hyderabad, India,2004.
- G.Sagareswar, P.V.Mukunda Rao, Y.Anjaneyulu, V.Himabindu. Impact of vehicular emissions on Ambient Air Quality of Hyderabad city (Accepted) International conference on Air Pollution conference-2003, ITALY.
- Worked in SEREN project http://grc.engineering.cf.ac.uk/research proj/seren/, developing Web based Geoinformatics – Low Carbon toolkit which include a multilayer spatial information display system, termed a Geographic Information System (GIS). The tool kit consists of Neural Network based Decision Support System (DSS) which will enable collected and collated data to be used in a powerful and flexible manner in Carbon Sequestration, Under Ground Coal Gasification and Ground Source Heat Applications.
- Pollutants in the Urban Environment (PurE) “Pollutants in the Urban Environment” (PUrE) is a four year EPSRC funded project, led by the University of Surrey, which will provide an improved scientific understanding of the behaviour and impacts of pollutants on human health and the environment in cities. http://grc.engineering.cf.ac.uk/research/59/
- Executed a Andhra Pradesh State Pollution Control Board project entitled “Continuous ambient air quality monitoring using integrated electrochemical sensors and met sensors at selected sites in Hyderabad and data online transmission using internet protocol” Sep 2002 – Aug 2006. Position: Senior Research Fellow